Monday, September 12, 2011

Lemon Artichoke Chicken & Pasta

Lemon Artichoke Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
If you read my blog from last night you'll know that I made some Chicken Piccata for dinner.  The problem with "cooking for one" is that I have a ton of leftovers (I know, I know, could probably plan for that better, but I get too excited about cooking).  It's OK though; I found a creative way to turn this buttery, garlicky, lemon sauced dish into a similar dish:  Lemon Artichoke Chicken.

I had tossed the pasta from last night in the piccata sauce before putting it away & stored the cooked pieces of chicken separately.  All I had to do tonight was put a pat of butter in a small pan, a couple of tablespoons of cream, a tablespoon of white wine, and a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and let it simmer over low heat for about 3-5 minutes.

I put a few pieces of chicken and half a can of artichoke heats into a pie dish, covered them with the sauce, and applied a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over the chicken and artichokes.  I baked it for about 20 minutes at 325 degrees (until the sauce and cheese was slightly brown/bubbly).  That was served (to me) over some reheated pasta. Yum!


I still have a ton of leftovers so I need to figure out what to do with them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment