Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flower Power

I've taken a lot of photos of flowers in the past year or two.  I think they make great models, especially if you know how to talk to them :)

Most of my collection is here on Flickr:  My Flower Photo Set

These are my favorites from the collection:

My favorite coastal Maine flower.
In front of the library, they were dancing that day.
Lake Placid, NY, John Brown Farm, it paused in the breeze for only a moment.
St. Johnsbury, VT, Dog Mountain, the bee was sluggish in the early fall air.
Bird of Paradise, Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, CA; I swear I could hear it.
Vibrantly colored fall flower at the San Diego Zoo, CA
Something very Power of 3 in this triangular Orlando, FL flower.
Giant tulips and a late spring sunset in coastal Maine.  Gorgeous.
Currently my wallpaper; I so love this Maine flower.  So pink, so green!
Learning how to use my new camera; like the way this one came out.

I have a new camera; a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Still Camera with Exmor R CMOS Sensor, 3D Sweep Panorama, and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Pink).  Perhaps I will write a review of that as I get used to it and take more photos.

As much as I love flowers I am awful at identifying them.  Perhaps I shall invest some time in learning their names and more about them :)


2 comments: