Monday, September 5, 2011

Claire Robinson's Easy White Pizza

I saw Claire Robinson make her "Easy White Pizza" on her 5 Ingredient Fix show on Food Network sometime this summer and kept reminding myself that I wanted to try making it soon.  I was drawn to it as it contains some of my favorite foods:  carbs, cheese, & garlic.  Considering how lazy I felt today it seemed like the perfect time to make my first "5 Ingredient Fix" recipe.

While I was in the dairy aisle of my local supermarket I decided that I would swap the Ricotta cheese out and replace it with provolone.  I'm not always crazy about Ricotta, but I am crazy and I try to avoid cheeses that contain vinegar in the ingredients.  Yes, I kind of have a fear of vinegar and it all stems from a bad string cheese with vinegar incident as a child.

When I started to stretch out the pizza dough at home it occurred to me that I had never actually worked with a ball of pizza dough before and I wasn't really that good at it.  It is a skill that I will need to work on. I followed Claire's instructions for the pizza dough in her video, but my dough didn't stretch so well.  I think my first mistake was not letting it reach room temperature (I was too excited and hungry to wait).

My pizza came out lovely and was almost burning after 20 minutes in the oven (even though the recipe suggested baking for 25-30 minutes).

A yummy slice :-)
This pizza is so cheesy, simple, & yummy.  The fresh oregano adds an awesome depth of flavor.  I also added cayenne pepper to my slice to spice it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment