Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cheesy Baked Tomatoes

One of my favorite quick things to make with dinner as it contains a bunch of my favorite ingredients and it is super easy!

Parmesan & Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes
  • Tomatoes, sliced in half.
  • Sprinkle of black pepper
  • Sprinkle of sea salt
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Generous sprinkle of cayenne pepper
  • Generous sprinkle of dried oregano
  • Teaspoon or two of Parmesan cheese per tomato half
  • 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Mozzarella cheese per tomato half
  • Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes
  • Top with fresh oregano after baking
You can obviously customize the toppings to include your favorite tomato seasonings which makes this a great recipe to throw together with the ingredients you have on hand.  I normally don't use the mozzarella cheese when I make these, but I had some leftover from the White Pizza that I made the night before, so I indulged :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment