Saturday, October 13, 2012

MSABC Cupcakes for a Cause 2012

Somehow a full year has managed to go by since last year's "Cupcakes for a Cause" blog posting! How does this happen? This thing called "time" is crazy.

Tomorrow I will be walking in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) event with my team of friends and coworkers. We've raised over $7,500 as of today! On Friday we had a bake sale at work to raise some funds for our cause.

Check out the spread of goodies!

My contribution to the bake sale was the pink butterfly cupcakes. I wanted to up my decorating game for the bake sale and looked around for inspiration. When I saw a photo of monarch butterflies on cupcakes I knew that I wanted to make pink butterflies for my cupcakes. At the walk I have seen people with pink butterfly wings and butterflies are a great symbol of starting a new life and hope. Perfect for the cause, right? :-)

It's a chocolate, chocolate chip cupcake with whipped raspberry frosting, and a chocolate butterfly on top with some chocolate raspberry frosting.

The wings and antenna are made from melted chocolate that were drawn into their shapes on some parchment paper. I've done this kind of thing before for some baby shower cupcakes and have some great ideas for upcoming cupcake designs now that I see how awesome these butterflies came out.

Some other yummy and beautiful treats made by my coworkers:

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Looks like my team's 2012 fundraising total is $8,260.86! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete