Friday, November 23, 2012

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

Many years ago (circa 2006) I stumbled upon this recipe for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie from Kraft. The recipe was a little too Sanda-Lee "semi-homemade" for me, but I decided to use the same idea with more "tasty" ingredients. The best thing about the recipe is that you can make it as "from scratch" or "assembled/semi-homemade" as you would like.

I last made this pie for Thanksgiving (2010) and saw the photos last night when I was uploading my cake-pie photos. They seemed all alone out there and worthy of their own blog entry.

Step One: The crust. The Kraft recipe uses Nilla Wafers, but I really think Graham crackers go better with the chocolate/banana/peanut butter combo so I made a crust from crushed Graham crackers.


Step Two: Cut bananas in half (length-wise) and then cut into smaller sections, placing them cut side down.


Step Three: This step doesn't look so pretty lol. A mixture of melted chocolate and peanut butter is poured over the banana slices.


Step Four: Cook some yummy pudding on the stove.


Step Five: Pour chilled pudding with homemade whipped cream folded into it on top of the chocolate/PB covered bananas.


Step Six: I decided to put a hypnotic swirl of chocolate syrup on the pie just because I could.


Step Seven: Make a fancy design with homemade whipped cream on top of all of the delicious ingredients.


Step Eight: Garnish the pie. I used chopped up mini Reese's PB Cups.


Final Step: Eat the pie and knife anyone who tries to steal your piece of pie! Guarding your pie is the most important part of pie survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment