Friday, November 23, 2012

Tropical Caketini (Tropical Martini + Cake)

After looking through older photos I'm feeling inspired to add some entries for creations that happened before I started this blog. I'm going all the way back to August 2010 for this posting. ;)

The Tropical Martini is one of my favorite drinks. It's an absolutely delicious combination of vodka, passion fruit, mango, and pineapple. If you've ever been to The Cheesecake Factory then you might be familiar with their pretty & super yummy tropical martini.

I make my own tropical martini at home with pineapple mango juice, passion fruit concentrate, and Smirnoff Passion fruit vodka; garnished with grenadine and strawberries.

I should post that recipe when I get a photo of it in an actual martini glass. I do love my "M" glass though because the colors match the drink and the glass was a gift from one of my most favorite people ever. You know who you are. :-D


Anyway, on to the Tropical Caketini where I combined the magical deliciousness of cake with the flavors and booze of the tropical martini.

The moist passion fruit, mango, and pineapple flavored cake was divided into four thin layers.


There were three layers of filling. The top and bottom layers were a vodka passion fruit frosting mixture that had a slightly sour note to it like a sour cocktail mix. The middle layer (shown below) was a mix of chopped strawberries soaked in passion fruit vodka and grenadine.


Layers assembled with strawberry frosting to seal in the middle layer:


The cake was covered with a fluffy strawberry frosting and then topped with fresh strawberry slices.


My coworkers, who are more lucky than they realize (lol), then enjoyed the tropical caketini in the office the following day. Look at those moist layers of yummy cake and gooey fruity fillings!


Tropical Caketini - I'll "clink" to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment