Sunday, April 3, 2011

Coffee Glazed Brownies

Recently I made double chocolate chip muffins for a coworker's last day in the office.  I topped them with a coffee glaze that I had conceptualized for the occasion; thinking that a muffin made for the morning would be extra useful to a bunch of geeky coworkers if it had some coffee on top of it.  Geeks rarely turn down a source of caffeine.  I personally do not drink coffee, but I think it adds a wonderful accent to something chocolaty.  It also helps to cut through the excess sweetness of some treats.

When I threw the coffee glaze together I couldn't help but think to myself that it would be amazing on some nice chewy brownies.  Chewy brownies, melt in your mouth glaze, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla, and coffee flavors all together?  Brownie bliss!

This morning I brought this idea together:

Chocolate chewy brownies with a sweet coffee glaze
Like I said, these are chewy chocolaty brownies made with a blend of Ghirardelli cocoa and chocolates*.  The bottoms of the brownies are dipped in semi-sweet chocolate for another depth and smooth texture.  They are topped with a mildly sweet vanilla coffee glaze made with Starbucks Colombia Coffee.  The flavor of the brownies is a bit complex with the different chocolates and they are also made with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil which is a great way to add another depth of flavor to chocolate as well as cut back on animal fat if that sort of thing matters to you.  There are large chunks of chocolate baked into the brownies and mini chocolate chips on top of the glaze.  So many flavors and textures to enjoy!  I just started to eat one and it is so delicious and delightful! :)

*As a side-note I wanted to mention that Ghirardelli chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate for eating plain or baking with.  Have you ever been to a Ghirardelli Ice Cream Shop?  Omgoodness... had to be the most delicious place I indulged at in San Diego.  If my town had one of those I wouldn't be able to fit into any of my clothes ever again (and it might even be worth it).

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins were amazing... I can only imagine how delicious these brownies must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinfully delicious... they were so good they were evil! ;)

    ReplyDelete