Thursday, March 14, 2013

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been wondering for some time now what almond butter would taste like in chocolate chip cookie dough.  I decided a while ago that almond butter is better than peanut butter and since I have baked many peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in my life, I would have to find out what almond butter chocolate chip cookies taste like.


In my previous post, I mentioned that I made toasted coconut for the first time.  I then wondered what toasted coconut flakes would be like in cookies.  I decided to bake two thoughts into one cookie when I made almond butter chocolate chip with toasted coconut flakes tonight.


Recipe (makes approx 3.5 dozen)
  • 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
  • 3/4 cup of dry roasted almond butter [unsalted]
  • 3/4 cup of white sugar
  • 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of toasted coconut flakes
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
  3. Cream butter and almond butter in a separate bowl.
  4. Mix both sugars and extracts into the butter mixture.
  5. Beat one egg into the mixture at a time.  Eggs should be room temperature.
  6. Blend the flour mixture into the bowl, about 1/2 a cup at a time.
  7. Fold the chocolate chips and coconut flakes into the cookie dough.
  8. Drop onto a cookie sheet, one tablespoon at a time
  9. Bake 8-10 minutes and enjoy.
I think they came out fine, but the almond flavor is not as strong as I would like it to be.  If I make these again I will double or triple the almond extract.  I just really like almond flavor with chocolate. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment