Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pregnant Cupcakes (Baby Shower Treats)

These are cupcakes that I made last night for a coworker's office baby shower.  Yeah, we still manage to throw baby showers in the technology sector.  I'm really pioneering this whole pink in the workplace thing for Women in Technology ;)  There will be plenty of posts about Women in Technology, but for now we need to get on to the delicious world of cupcakes.
Yellow, plain, naked cupcakes

Dressed w/ a whipped chocolate cream ganache frosting.
 Normally I make everything with chocolate... I'm kind of a chocolate freak, but I know that the mother-to-be is a yellow cake and chocolate frosting kind of a girl, so I decided to deviate from the chocolate on chocolate world and go with it :)

I topped them with a whipped chocolate cream frosting.  This is always the best part ;) 
Vanilla candy melts A, B, C letters to decorate
I melted some "candy melts" and wrote out some pink alphabet blocks... surprise, she's having a girl! lol.  They made cute baby shower themed decorations... right?

I used some princess tiara cupcake wrappers to make them all pink & princess like.  It's kind of my thing ;)

An assembled cupcake - B is for Baby :)
Now, for the pregnant part, I baked a chocolate chip cookie into the cupcake.  Years ago I saw some idea from Nestle about baking with kids and throwing cookie dough into the cupcakes to make "surprise cupcakes". 

When trying to think of something fun to do for a baby shower I thought of this idea and decided that I could use that to make "pregnant" cupcakes.  It's pretty easy to do as far as the technique is concerned.  You fill the cupcake pan/papers as usual, then place a rounded tablespoon (rolled up) piece of raw chocolate chip cookie dough into the cupcake and push it to the bottom.  I smoothed the batter over the top and baked as normal after that.  You can use one piece of cookie dough from the prepared/refrigerated cookies in the supermarket. 

Pregnant with a cookie baked inside of it.

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! I love the pregnant cupcake idea... and these were beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete