Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bridal Shower Cookie Pops

I'm going through some of my older photos (things I made before my blog) and adding some entries for them.  I'm going to tag them with BackBlog since they are in my backlog of blog entries.

In March of 2010 I was asked to bake party favors for my friend's bridal shower.  I was thinking that cookies would make a sturdy & portable gift as I had to make them in Maine and bring them to NYC where the bridal shower would be.  The color theme of the other little gifts and decorations were white with a black squiggle pattern and I wanted my treats to fit in with the other items.

In the end I used Wilton Cookie Pop pans to make large cookie pops in the shapes of hearts and flowers (or blossoms as they are called by Wilton).  Love & spring flowers seemed appropriate for a bridal shower in late March.  The cookies were double chocolate, chocolate chip to create dark/black cookies.  I also used matching cookie cutters to make a white chocolate & mini chocolate chip design that fit perfectly onto the cookie pops and melted seamlessly into the cookie.

The treats were large, delicious, pretty, and worth the considerable amount of time, energy, and moo-la that went into making them.





Wilton 461141 Cookie Pops Pan- (Google Affiliate Ad)

2 comments: